or make 4 interest-free payments of $24.99 AUD fortnightly with More info
Legalis LT is one of the latest generation of reels based on the LT or Light Tough concept – lighter, stronger and more compact than ever before. It also incorporates Daiwa’s innovative technologies such as Tough Digigear, ATD, Air Rotor and Airbail, making it one of our most technically advanced budget reels that delivers on both price and performance.
We have personally tested the new Legalis LT out and have been fishing with them since they were first released, we have been using the larger sizes, the Legalis LT 5000 has been performing well as a light offshore Snapper reel and has done its fair share of work and still runs smooth, the smaller Exceler LT reels have been popular with the Bream and Bass guys due to their light weight, some of the reduction in weight of the Legalis LT series comes from the new Air Rotor and Air Bail. One thing that makes the Daiwa legalis reels nice for light fishing is the ATD Tournament drag that reduces start-up inertia when a fish first takes your lure, this is a great advantage when you are fishing light line classes to get the most bites.
Key Features of the Daiwa Legalis LT:
- LT Concept – an evolution in design from Daiwa to suit the new generation of PE/Braid lines for higher line and drag capacity, stronger gearing, improved handling and increased performance.
- Tough Digigear – New generation Tough Digigear is 50% stronger than previous Digigear II thanks to increased diameter main gears combined with an increase in individual gear teeth size.
- Airspool ABS – our newly designed AL Airspool is up to 30% lighter than previous generations. The newly redesigned spool lip has improved overall castability.
- ATD – our ATD drag system is the best in the business. Reduced start-up inertia protects delicate and thin lines from the aggressive strikes of fish.
- Air Bail – featuring a hollow, tubular bail arm for maximum rigidity and strength with minimum weight. The protrusion free design works to eliminate line tangles during the retrieve.
- Air Rotor – the innovative design and construction works to reduce weight, stress and flexing, whilst enhancing transmission of vibration and allowing the rotor to spin with perfect balance.
- Twistbuster – featuring a tapered line roller that offsets line twist and greatly improves line management.